Long, sleepless nights? Under eye bags. Seasonal allergies? Under eye bags. Getting older? You guessed it: Under eye bags. For most, puffy eyes are transient while others have genetics to thank for their always-on appearance. Genetics or not, skincare lovers and frustrated people alike have tried all sorts of beauty tricks to get rid of the bags under their eyes. The cold spoon trick? Been there, tried that, not impressed. Cucumber slices on your eyes? We say they’re better on your salad.
Drumroll, please: The days of losing the battle with eye bags may finally be over. After 10 years of research and development, IT Cosmetics just launched an under eye bags treatment that promises to depuff, tighten, and smooth. And the kicker? It works in minutes.
How IT Works: Bye Bye Under Eye Bags Daytime Treatment
When we say IT Cosmetics’ Bye Bye Under Bags Daytime Treatment is a decade in the making, we’re not stretching the truth. A ton of science and research went into the development of this eye bag cream, and the results are incredible. The superior, multi-patented* technology features a dual-action, tightening, blurring film that notably improves the look of eye bags in just 15 minutes.
- Depuffs: The formula creates an adhesive film over your delicate eye skin that gently and comfortably compresses puffy eye bags without pulling or cracking.
- Tightens: Along with depuffing, it improves the look of fine lines and crepey skin under eyes.
- Smooths: Once dry, you’ll enjoy a smooth and transparent, filter-like finish with zero white cast. Plus, this treatment for under eye bags features a highly elastic formula that adjusts with your facial movements for comfortable all-day wear.
“As we age, our eyelid skin becomes thinner and facial compartments shift, creating bags and exacerbating dark circles,” explains Dr. Flora Levin, a plastic surgeon and IT Cosmetics Advisory Board Member. “To accommodate my patients who are not ready for surgery, I co-developed Bye Bye Under Eye Bags. It’s a rapid, non-invasive eye bag reducer that is clinically tested to depuff, tighten, and smooth the look of skin around the eyes—it’s like a temporary under eye lift in a tube!”
In a four-week consumer study**, 94% of people said that the smoothing effect lasted all day. Plus, in a one-week consumer study***, 90% of participants said Bye Bye Under Eye Bags Daytime Treatment felt comfortable on their skin.
How To Use Bye Bye Under Eye Bags Daytime Treatment
Bye Bye Bye Under Eye Bags Daytime Treatment is formulated for all skin tones and works on both bare skin or on top of your makeup. (Yep, it plays nicely with under eye concealer and foundation!) Here’s how to apply:
Step 1: Allow Makeup and Skincare Products to Dry
This treatment for under eye bags is designed for daytime use to work on completely dry skin as the final step of your routine. Before applying on bare skin, make sure your eye cream has fully absorbed (about two the three minutes). If you’ve used eye cream and concealer already, apply it once all the products have fully dried. You can use a tissue or blotting paper to remove excess oil if needed.
Step 2: Apply a Pea-Size Amount
You just need a pea-sized amount of product for each eye to improve the appearance of under eye puffiness. Use clean fingers and light pressure to glide the product from the inner to outer eye corners or the eye, about two the three times. Minimal blending is best; no rubbing. Do not apply Bye Bye Under Eye Bags Daytime Treatment on your eyelids or rub
Step 3: Relax & Wait
You’ll feel a light-yet-gentle tightening sensation as the product begins to work. Try to keep your face relaxed until it dries completely, which takes about 15 minutes. After, revel in the magic of this game-changing treatment for under eye bags.
Step 4: How to Remove IT
When you remove the product, use a cleanser suitable for waterproof makeup, such as Bye Bye Makeup Cleansing Balm. Massage it onto your skin to break down makeup and skincare products, then rinse and pat dry before following up with your favorite moisturizer. Bye Bye Under Eye Bags Daytime Treatment should be applied and removed as directed. This product is for daytime use only and should not remain on the skin overnight.
What Causes Under Eye Bags?
Curious about what causes under eye bags to show up in the first place? According to the Mayo Clinic, puffiness under eyes develops when our delicate under eye tissue and muscle begin to thin and weaken. Long story short, the skin starts to sag and fat and fluid take up residence, which can create a puffy or swollen “bag”-like appearance.
Genetics and age definitely play a role in their appearance, but here are some additional causes of under eye bags:
- Poor night’s sleep or ongoing lack of sleep
- Fluid retention from eating salty foods
- Lack of movement (one reason why bags are worse when we wake up)
- Drinking alcohol
- Compromised skin barrier
- Medical issues
Can You Get Rid of Eye Bags?
IT Cosmetics’ Bye Bye Under Eye Bags Daytime Treatment is a temporary treatment that visibly gets rid of bags under eyes while improving the look of crepey skin and wrinkles. Once you wash it off, under eye bags can reappear.
While the temporary treatment can get you through the day with confidence, we understand wanting to learn how to reduce bags under eyes over the long term. Here’s what helps bags under eyes over time:
- Get Your Beauty Sleep: Aim for between seven to nine hours of sleep per night. The quality of your sleep matters, too. Stick to a consistent nighttime routine, make sure your bedding is freshly laundered, your skin is clean, and your room is conducive to peaceful slumber.
- Prop Your Head While Asleep: The Cleveland Clinic says that propping your head up slightly while asleep can help prevent fluid buildup around your eyes.
- Nourish Your Body: Take care to fuel your body with nutritious foods and move in healthy ways. Also keep alcohol to a minimum, avoid smoking, and do your best to calm stress levels.
- Address Allergies: Nipping allergies can help reduce swelling and water retention. Plus, it’ll provide you relief from sneezing, sinus pressure, headaches, and a stuffy nose.
- Keep a Skincare Regimen: One of the causes of under eye bags is weakening, thinning skin. While this happens naturally as we get older, taking care of your skin can help ward off premature aging. Use skin-bolstering ingredients such as retinol and ceramides, always wear SPF, and make sure to wash your face every day.
If you consider yourself a skincare minimalist, you’ll love these multitasking products that go above and beyond.
*US Patent No. 10,071,046 B2; additional US patents pending.
**In a four-week consumer study.
***In a one-week consumer study.
- Mayo Clinic. “Bags under Eyes - Symptoms and Causes.” https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/bags-under-eyes/symptoms-causes/syc-20369927.
- Cleveland Clinic. “How to Get Rid of Bags Under Your Eyes.” 28 Apr. 2021. https://health.clevelandclinic.org/how-to-get-rid-of-bags-under-your-eyes/.