At IT Cosmetics, we don’t just know about CC Cream, we perfected it! But before we fill you in on why our CC cream is the #1 SPF Foundation in America*, let’s start by introducing you to the wonders of this multitasking makeup product. Once you try it, you won’t know how you ever lived without it!
What is CC Cream?
CC Cream is a multitasking makeup and skincare product that works to color-correct (yep, that’s what the “CC” stands for), moisturize and protect your skin. CC cream combines the medium to full coverage of a foundation with efficacious skincare ingredients such as hyaluronic acid, niacinamide and antioxidants to improve the look of your skin instantly and over time. Most CC creams offer the added benefit of broad-spectrum sunscreen to protect skin from harmful UVA/UVB rays. IT Cosmetics CC+ Creams provide up to SPF 50+ (but more on that later).
One reason why makeup artists and makeup novices alike love CC Cream is because it effectively conceals blemishes, redness and other imperfections without feeling heavy or cakey on skin. This makes them ideal for those who prefer a more natural makeup look or for those with sensitive skin that cannot tolerate heavy foundations.
Another advantage of CC creams is their adaptability to different skin tones. Whether you have fair, medium or deep skin, there’s a CC cream out there that will enhance your complexion effortlessly.
CC cream vs BB cream: What’s the difference?
If you’ve been reading this article up to now, you already know that “CC” stands for “color correcting.” What you may not know is that “BB” is an abbreviation for “beauty balm.” Both formulas provide coverage and a multitude of skincare benefits, including hydration. However, CC creams typically offer fuller coverage and are formulated with anti-aging ingredients that help to even out skin tone, reduce the appearance of dark spots and brighten the complexion.
Another key difference between CC creams and BB creams is the type of finish they provide. CC cream typically has a more natural finish than BB cream, which makes it a great choice for everyday wear. Ultimately, the choice of which one you want to wear is yours, but here at IT Cosmetics, we’re a bit biased (wink, wink).
How should you apply CC Cream?
When applying CC cream, it’s important to remember that a little goes a long way. One to two pumps is all you need. And with the right makeup brush, application is pretty much foolproof! We recommend the Heavenly Luxe® Complexion Perfection Brush #7, a dual-ended foundation and concealer brush that does the work for you to buff and blend. For best results, start applying CC Cream in the center of the face, where there is typically the most redness or discoloration. Use your brush to buff and blend a smooth, even layer, working your way outward.
You can also customize your level of coverage using the following techniques:
- Stipple with foundation brush for full coverage
- Swipe with foundation brush for medium coverage
- Blend with fingertips for light coverage
How does IT Cosmetics CC Cream compare to others?
IT Cosmetics CC+ Cream is the #1 SPF Foundation in America* for a reason. We put the “+” sign after CC to signal that you get more from our formula. Developed with plastic surgeons and dermatologists, our multitasking beauty miracle not only provides flawless coverage of top skin concerns like hyperpigmentation, it also features a built-in hydrating serum that acts as a makeup primer, plus broad-spectrum sunscreen that won’t leave a white cast.
Here’s a closer look at the four members that “make up” (sorry, we couldn’t resist), the IT Cosmetics CC+ Cream family.
- CC+ Cream Full-Coverage Foundation with SPF 50+: Our original CC cream is an all-in-one complexion perfection product that delivers full coverage and a natural finish. It now features an extended shade range so even more people can enjoy it.
- CC+ Cream Natural Matte Foundation with SPF 40: People with oily to combination skin will love the oil-free version of our original CC+ Cream that delivers a healthy-looking matte finish that never looks flat or dry. Have confidence in shine-free skin for up to 16 hours.
- CC+ Nude Glow Lightweight Foundation + Glow Serum with SPF 40: Our medium-coverage CC+ Nude Glow instantly makes skin appear glowy. Even better, the 90% skincare formula has been clinically tested** to visibly brighten bare skin and improve skin texture, softness, and uneven skin tone in four weeks.
- CC+ Cream Illumination Full-Coverage Foundation with SPF 50+: Want a little extra luminosity? Reach for this CC+ Cream formula, which delivers a radiant finish without glitter or shimmer thanks to micronized light-reflecting pigments.
But don’t just take our word for it. Read what our customers have to say!
Best hybrid makeup and skincare product
“LOVE this product. It gives me the protection I need with the coverage I want. I love that it has high SPF, is lightweight, goes a long way and stays on my face all day.” -mprice
Best makeup for mature skin
“Provides full coverage with ease. I’m 82; that really means 21 again with 61 years of experience thanks to IT!” -Mildie
Best makeup for rosacea
“It covers my rosacea and I receive a few compliments a week telling me how great my makeup is!” -Jennifer24
Now that you know the answers to these frequently asked questions about CC cream, why not read up on easy ways to refresh your makeup routine?
*Source: The NPD Group/US Prestige Beauty Total Measured Market, Makeup Product Sales, January - December 2023.
**Based on expert grading after 4 weeks of use.