When someone asks you to name your favorite superhero, you might automatically think of fictional caped warriors or masked vigilantes who routinely swoop in to save the day. Sure, these characters have accomplished some impressive feats, but they don’t hold a candle to you. Yes, you—an everyday real-world champion who does it all.
This April 28th is National Superhero Day, and we encourage you to take a moment to recognize just how amazing you are. One way you can do that is to carve out some me-time and celebrate your inner superhero with one of these bold makeup looks. Naturally, these eye makeup inspiration ideas feature products from IT Cosmetics’ Superhero collection, and each product is equipped with its own "powers" to help you feel your most confident.
From colorful makeup ideas that’ll make your eyes pop to trendy makeup styles that serve up everything from ‘90s grunge (it’s back!), we’ve got a bold and daring makeup option for everyone to try.
1. Classic Glam
A classic glam makeup style is all about channeling that old-school glamour. Think regency-era gilded lids and dramatic lashes that Hollywood elite would show off on the red carpet.
Get The Look:
- Apply Superhero No-Tug Waterproof Eyeshadow Stick in Bare & Brave (a matte rose) along the crease, then add the shade Bionic Bronze all over the lid for a touch of metallic. This creamy eyeshadow stick formula glides onto lids effortlessly and is completely crease-proof, making it perfect for layering.
- Optional step: Blend the eyeshadow with clean fingers or the Superhero 4-in-1 Eye-Transforming Super Shadow and Liner Brush.
- Draw on a dramatic winged eyeliner using the Superhero Liquid Eyeliner Pen. With an inky black color and Proprietary Elastic Stretch No-Skip Technology™, anyone can create a flawless line in no time.
- Swipe on Superhero Waterproof Volumizing Mascara, which delivers 24 hours of wear and resists smudging, sweat, flaking, and humidity, all while adding 20x more volume and 41% more visible length than your natural lashes. Superhero Mascara also comes in a Super Black washable shade.
- Complete the look with a true red lipstick, and you’ll feel absolutely gorgeous.
Watch how to create this look:
2. Natural Makeup
There’s a real sense of boldness in wearing natural makeup looks, too. This approach subtly defines your features via earthy tones and just a hint of strategically placed, sheer washes of color.
Get The Look:
- Make sure you’ve really taken care to prime and prep your skin with a good skincare routine. Bye Bye Lines Hyaluronic Acid Serum paired with Confidence in a Cream Anti-Aging Hydrating Moisturizer is one of our favorite duos.
- For a super glowy, natural complexion, apply CC+ Nude Glow Lightweight Foundation + Glow Serum with SPF 40. Its 90% skincare formula delivers an instant healthy glow and 24 hours of hydration.
- Grab your Naturally Pretty Essentials Matte Luxe Transforming Eyeshadow Palette and Superhero 4-in-1 Eye-Transforming Super Shadow and Liner Brush. For light complexions, consider adding shades Imagine (a matte silk beige) or Dream (a matte desert sand) to your lids. Passion (matte nude taupe) or Intrigue (matte earthy sepia) would look great on dark complexions. Blend well.
- Apply a single coat of original Superhero Mascara or Superhero Volumizing Waterproof Mascara.
- For a bit of color, apply Bye Bye Pores Blush in Naturally Pretty or Carefree to the apples of your cheeks and swipe on a sheer lip gloss.
3. Negative Space Graphic Eye
A graphic eye is the perfect approach if you’re in the market for a majorly bold eyeshadow look. The goal is to lean into your creative powers by creating unique shapes and/or incorporating unexpected bursts of color.
Get The Look:
- Apply Superhero No-Tug Waterproof Eyeshadow Stick in Courageous Cream, which is a warm, matte cream color.
- Next, draw on an oversized, hollow wing on each eye using the Superhero No-Tug Retractable Eyeliner in Super Black. This is one where rules don’t exist, so have fun with it. You can add an extra line, create a squiggle, or do whatever your superhero heart compels you to do.
- Apply one or two coats of Superhero Elastic Stretch Volumizing and Lengthening Mascara. For a waterproof formula, try the Superhero Volumizing Waterproof Mascara instead.
- Keep the focus on your eyes by keeping your lips lowkey. We recommend Pillow Lips Solid Serum Lip Gloss in Humble or Wistful.
4. Angel Eye Makeup
The angel makeup style uses highlighter in unexpected bold ways to make you look positively divine. It starts with radiant-looking skin and then layers highlighter in places like the corner of your eye, just under your brows, and on the tip of your nose.
Get the Look:
- Get your skin glowing with Secret Sauce Anti-Aging Moisturizer. Not only does it fight the look of fine lines and wrinkles, but the gel-cream formula features Drops of Light Technology™ to create an instant glowing skin effect.
- For even more radiance, apply CC+ Cream Illumination Full-Coverage Foundation with SPF 50+. This full-coverage foundation formula has an anti-aging serum, SPF 50+ physical sunscreen, and micronized light-reflecting pigments without being glittery.
- You only need one product for your all-over face highlighter: Superhero No-Tug Waterproof Eyeshadow Stick in Silk Armor. Apply it to your eyelids, the inner corners of your eye, the tip of your nose, cheekbones, and your cupid's bow.
- Define your eyes with one or two coats of Superhero Elastic Stretch Volumizing and Lengthening Mascara or Superhero Volumizing Waterproof Mascara.
- Complete the look with some rosy pink cheeks—we recommend Bye Bye Pores Blush in Sweet Cheeks—and a wash of pink color on your lips. Try Pillow Lips Solid Serum Lip Gloss in 11:11 (Bright Fuchsia) or Marvelous (Warm Pink).
5. ‘90s Grunge
If you’re all about moody vibes, this bold makeup aesthetic is for you. For a true ‘90s nostalgic grunge look, you’ll want to embrace smudge-y, “slept in” eyeliner and a dark lip.
Get The Look:
- After moisturizing your skin, follow up with a foundation with a matte finish, such as CC+ Cream Oil-Free Matte Full-Coverage Foundation with SPF 40. As an alternative, apply Bye Bye Pores Pressed Setting Powder over your go-to foundation. As a bonus, it’ll make your pores look smaller!
- Keep your eyelids mostly clean to create more of a modern makeup look versus a full-blown throwback. Line your upper lash line and lower lash line with Superhero No-Tug Retractable Eyeliner in Super Black.
- Collect the tiniest amount of Confidence in an Eye Cream on an angled eyeliner brush, then begin smudging out your eyeliner on the top and bottom. The goal is to create a blended, lived-in look, so keep smudging until you get there. Don’t forget to swipe on your Superhero Mascara of choice: washable or waterproof.
- Finish the look with a dark lip color, such as Pillow Lips Solid Serum Lip Gloss in Like a Dream, Moment, or Gaze. The glossy effect also helps this ‘90s makeup inspiration feel more updated.
6. Floral-Inspired Colorful Eyeshadow
Let’s finish out our list of bold makeup looks with one that feels super fresh and vibrant. This colorful makeup look is filled with pretty, flower-inspired shades of purple and pink, which makes it the perfect go-to look for all your spring and summer events.
Get the Look:
- Complete your skincare routine and apply your foundation. For a classic option, we’re partial to the original CC+ Cream Full-Coverage Foundation with SPF 50+, which comes in 22 shades.
- On clean lids, apply Superhero No-Tug Waterproof Eyeshadow Stick in Epic Amethyst. Apply just a touch to the outer corner of your lower lash line. Blend well.
- For more definition, line your upper lash line with Superhero No-Tug Retractable Eyeliner in either Brown or Taupe. Blend with an angled eyeliner brush and finish with a swipe of Superhero Mascara in waterproof or original.
- Apply Bye Bye Pores Blush in Sweet Cheeks to infuse more color.
- Finish with a wash of beautiful color on your lips. We love the bright fuchsia, berry, or orange shades of Pillow Lips Solid Serum Lip Gloss.
For more bold makeup looks, check out this roundup of spring makeup inspiration.